Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Little GEM in the heart of the City!

I think its about time this place gets some recognition!  Since its opening the owners have made it their business to crush the competition.  5 star DJs, a beautiful & drama free atmosphere & great customer service are what separates them from the rest. Introductions and handshakes from the owners night after night is what motivated me to write this blog....... well and a little whisper from my sister wife Sid.  ;-)

Taste Lounge, a sexy, well decorated lounge with a BIG reputation!  What I like about the spot is although the space may be quaint the experience is always phenomenal.  Never, ever have I visited a venue as a patron and was greeted by the Owner/Management!

I have to give a big shout out the Chris, the owner who always makes it a priority to make sure the party-goers are having a good time!  His staff is also very courteous.  Anyone close to me knows I am a stickler for customer service.  Lets start from the entrance at the door:  the bouncers are pleasant and never make you feel like a "criminal."  The waitresses are friendly and even will conduct in a little small talk.  I'm a huge fan of Patronritas (Patron Margaritas) and they make them strong...almost too strong (definitely not a bad thing).  Yes, I'm probably the only person who complains about a drink being too strong....lol.  The party space is always scanned by the staff who make cleanliness a priority.  The females restroom is ALWAYS SPOTLESS!!  Ample amounts of hand soap, hand lotion, AND freshly scented!  BRAVO..... you guys get an A+ for that.  

They host parties for what seems to be every night but I'll touch base on my favorites.


*Location*
Taste Lounge 
1812 Hamlin Street, NE
Washington, DC 20018

*The Parties*
Wednesday:  Tasty Wednesdayz
DJs- Tag Soundz, DJ Smooth, Dj Sam I Am 
COMPLEMENTARY ADMISSION FOR ALL


Friday:  Xclusive Fridays
DJs Preview, Phemster, Bornfire 
COMPLEMENTARY ADMISSION FOR ALL


Sunday:  Groove Sundays/Ladies Swag Nite
Promoters- TMI|TASTE ULTRA LOUNGE|ADCP|DMV COMMUNITY
Djs T Boogie, Teffler, Big Lou & Surprise DJs Every Week 
COMPLEMENTARY ADMISSION FOR ALL


* The Ambiance*
Ultra posh & sexy- ceilings draped in white.  Traditional African print & leather cover the walls!  Lavish light show invades the space in its entirety.  Leather bar stools & benches proves that Management didn't skim on design.  Several private VIP areas for all of you BOTTLE POPPERS!!  As well as VIP tables in the main space.  2 words- TOP NOTCH!!



*The Fashion*
One word- ECLECTIC.  You'll see a little bit of everything.  Suits, traditional African wear,  denim &  vintage wear.  Pretty much everyone's personal style.  Below are some of my fav looks.

Andddddddddd lets talk about the celebrity guests that have blessed Taste with their presence. 2Face Idibia, Banky W, Wande Cole, Jessy Jagz, M.I. & more.  Oh, and that was all in one night!!!  Dee Jay Teffler and Dee Jay T Boogie brought out the hottest Naija artist for Groove Sundays on July 31 (Nigerian DJ Summer Jam weekend).  These 2 DJs have definitely proven themselves here in the DMV.  I witnessed this epic night and I have to say it was one of the best nights I've had in a long time!  Look out for these bad guyz!  On Sunday August 14th they're bringing out X-Project & on August 21st Patrick Jay.  Who else has delivered such grandeur? (I'll wait............lol) 


*The Wrap Up*
Taste Lounge has delivered 100% of the times I've been there!  Rather the celebrities are in the building or not, the party is always jumping!  I have yet to dine here but from what I hear the menu is to die for.  African and Caribbean dishes that are guaranteed to tickle your TASTE buds. If you're looking for a cool chill spot to visit for a few drinks or to bust a whine or 2 Taste is definitely the place! Great location, ambiance, customer service, strong drinks and great music= a night to remember.

*Contact Info*
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/TasteLoungedc
Website: http://www.TateLoungeDC.com
Email:  chris@tasteintl.com


Notes::  I do not own the rights to the photos above.

No comments:

Post a Comment